Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering opportunities through Child Survival Aid Ghana. Your time, dedication, and creative efforts are as important to our success as financial donations. As a volunteer, you will help us move steps closer toward lifting the children we serve up out of poverty through access to education and teaching English , Mathematics, French, Science, Computer Skills, Environmental Studies and Physical Education that includes football (no teaching experience required) —together, we will make transformative changes in their young lives.
When you choose to volunteer with Child Survival Aid Ghana, an organization dedicated to empowering the most vulnerable children through access to education, you choose to make a difference in the lives of children both at home and school. Thank you for joining us in our mission. We can use your help.
Do an Internship
If you are looking to intern with an organization that impacts the lives of thousands of children, Child Survival Aid Ghana is the perfect home for you. We place disadvantaged and underserved children in orphanages, in their local schools, giving them access to education and the chance for better and brighter futures. We also provide the technological tools and English instruction, Community Development Projects where needed, that young people need to thrive in today’s global economy. You will also have an opportunity to assist with different activities including life skills education, art, physical education, remedial academic assistance or extra-curricular activities.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic people who are creative thinkers and collaborative workers to help us deliver on our mission. Does this sound like you or someone you know? Yes? We would love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com to begin the process. We look forward to working with you to empower the most vulnerable children through access to education
Volunteering & Internship Requirements:-
- You must be 18 years or over at the start of the program. For those who are 16 – 17 years old, we will need to receive consent from your parents via email or telephone before we can offer you a place on one of our programs.
- You must be able to speak English.
- You must at least have a high school education if you want to perform formal teaching activities in the local communities.
- Ability to respect and abide by the rules of the placement activity.
- Ability to adjust to difficult living and working conditions.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Should be able to work independently as well as in teams when there is the need
|Program Type||Duration||Price $|
|Volunteering / Internship||1-4 Weeks||650|
|Additional week||1 Week||200|
The fee includes:
- Host family / Hostel accommodation during your project
- Three (3) times daily local and continental meal
- 24/7 support from Child Survival Aid Ghana
- Certificate of Appreciation/ letter of recommendation after completion
- Free SIM card on local mobile telecom network
Do not include the following:
- Insurance (Travel, Medical)
- Flights ticket/Passport
- Visa for entry into Ghana
- Personal expenses (Local Travels, Cookies etc.)
- Transportation to project site/host family and first day
- Pick-up from the airport in Accra
The benefits to volunteers:
- You will improve on your social and technical skills transferable to any other business environment.
- You develop interpersonal team spirit and practical problem solving skills through the interaction with people.
- You will explore career opportunities since you will be gaining hand-on work experience needed to take up international assignment.
Ghana Entry Requirement (Visa Information)
A valid passport with entry visa is required by all visitors, except for citizens of ECOWAS state. These can be obtained from the nearest Ghanaian diplomatic mission or consulates abroad. A basic tourism visa for Ghana is valid for 3 months from the date of issue. The visa can be extended at the Department of Immigration in Accra-Ghana. Citizens of certain nationalities can also get a visa upon arrival in Ghana, but it will cost more than getting it at their home country.