We are delighted that you are interested in volunteering or doing with Child Survival Aid Ghana. It shows that you share our passion for ensuring that every child grows with love, security and respect.
Our volunteer opportunities for both short and long term exist. Child Survival Aid Ghana is a registered non-profit organization, which support the education of underprivileged children in the rural communities in Ghana.
Child Survival Aid Ghana Volunteer opportunities give volunteers from all over the world the unique opportunity to participate in our projects and programs. We coach our volunteers to gain the fair knowledge about issues affecting children and education in rural communities and we also instill in them our values that borders on educational change.
We recognize that contributions of time and talent are just as important as financial contributions. We, thus, encourage people to contribute their time by making a conscious effort in participating in our programs to accelerate social and economic change in our country.
With the summer vacations starting, volunteers are required to teach the children something more than what is in the books. We require volunteers for our different projects who are enthusiastic and can help the children bring out their latent talents. One can volunteer on the following issues:-
- Preparing teaching learning aids
- Teaching ICT
- Education and teaching
- Child rights education and awareness in schools.
- Helping to set up environmental and reading clubs in schools/li>
- Teaching sports and games in schools
- HIV/AIDS education in schools
- Health education in schools
- Providing in-service training for teachers in schools
With Child Survival Aid Ghana you don’t just volunteer but you contribute to the development of children education in communities at large. The main attributes needed are initiative, drive, motivation, patience, sensitivity and compassion to help under-privileged children in overcoming their challenges.
Volunteers should have a strong work ethic, ability to work independently or as part of a team, and willingness to follow direction; and good interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a sense of humour. Participating in our projects in Ghana will offer you the opportunity to help others and make the world a better place to live. It is a positive way to contribute to the local community while you gain experience and foster personal growth.
Volunteering offers the opportunity in acquiring a valuable work experience and putting into use your creative skills. You will experience a new culture, make new friends, learn the local language, and experience the local food and unique Ghanaian hospitality. Please for application process email us at email@example.com
Program fee is 550 Euro per month and $620 per month
The fee includes:
- Host family / Hostel accommodation during your project
- Three (3) times daily local and continental meal
- 24/7 support from Child Survival Aid Ghana
- Certificate of Appreciation/ letter of recommendation after completion
- Free SIM card on local mobile telecom network
Do not include the following:
- Insurance (Travel, Medical)
- Flights ticket/Passport
- Visa for entry into Ghana
- Personal expenses (Local Travels, Cookies etc.)
- Transportation to project site/host family and first day
- Pick-up from the airport in Accra
The benefits to volunteers:
- You will improve on your social and technical skills transferable to any other business environment.
- You develop interpersonal team spirit and practical problem solving skills through the interaction with people.
- You will explore career opportunities since you will be gaining hand-on work experience needed to take up international assignment.
Ghana Entry Requirement (Visa Information)
A valid passport with entry visa is required by all visitors, except for citizens of ECOWAS state. These can be obtained from the nearest Ghanaian diplomatic mission or consulates abroad. A basic tourism visa for Ghana is valid for 3 months from the date of issue. The visa can be extended at the Department of Immigration in Accra-Ghana. Citizens of certain nationalities can also get a visa upon arrival in Ghana, but it will cost more than getting it at their home country.